Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day & Red Robin at the Keys House!

We had a great Father's Day with Bob on Sunday. One of Bob's favorite places to eat is Red Robin. I had an idea to turn our kitchen and eating areas into Red Robin! All I had to do was tell the girls about my idea and they went to town with the idea!! I was so proud of them and the effort they put in to this plan for Father's Day.

Felicity and Kelsey made Red Robin signs for the dining room and kitchen. We hung a curtain between the dining room and the kitchen and attached a sign that said, "Red Robin- Employees Only. The girls also made red napkin ring holders, cute coasters with a picture of a burger on each of them and a cube with Red Robin info. on it for the center of the table. It was so much fun. They also printed a menu off the website for him to order off of. Felicity highlighted what Bob was to order. We had cheese sticks for the appetizer, then Teriyaki Chicken Burgers and Steak Fries, and salad and Rootbeer or Lemonade. For dessert I tried a new recipe for Lemon Ice.

We all wore red shirts and khaki pants and Felcitiy made us name tags that were darling. We had a fun time, and enjoyed celebrating Bob.

I am thankful for the great husband and father that he is. I am thankful for all the sacrifices he makes for our family.

Felicity was asked to bear her testimony in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. She did a great job. She was asked to share how the priesthood has blessed our family.

I also am so thankful for my own father, who brought me up in a righteous home, and taught me all the important things I needed to know to be succesful. I remember telling my parents many times that I was never going to leave home or leave them because I loved them so much, and loved being with them in our home. I did leave eventually, but still feel those tender feelings towards my parents and my home growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Felicity's play Annie